Join the Team
We’re growing rapidly and looking to fill a few expanding roles. As we’re a small, integrated team, the ideal candidate has experience, skills and interests in several areas and the ambition to grow to a larger role.
This is an unstructured, fast-paced, rapidly growing entrepreneurial environment. Much of what we're doing is new. Humility, an interest in learning and the willingness to make mistakes and rapidly correct course are prerequisites.
Focusing on efficient sales channels allows us to put twice the hardware into our products as our competitors. Our first test of this approach, the Exos-9, became the highest rated product in the entire category (of 20,000 products) on Amazon, and it is currently the #4 best seller over $200, beating out many famous brands.
Our brand focuses on legitimacy: “We don't make our speakers 'cool,’ we make them better. Making them cool, well that’s your job.”
We proudly maintain a five-star rating on Amazon, the only Bluetooth speaker to do so. This is largely due to our commitment to outstanding customer service, the proactive approach we take and ends we go to to make sure every customer feels well taken care of. This is an invaluable asset on many levels.
Our primary need is for a Customer Experience Manager. Providing exceptional service to our customers and exceeding expectations is one of our core brand values. The traditional term of “customer service” implies reactionary behavior and a goal of loss prevention; managing the consumer experience is a way of proactively creating loyal, lifelong customers and brand ambassadors. It’s also a way of involving users and forming our product and feature roadmaps. That’s what we strive to do, and we do it well.
Daily tasks include:
Replying to inbound support emails – this largely tech support, but also a mix of product questions and general inquiries.
Troubleshooting issues with new products.
Managing returns and exchanges.
Replying to Amazon messages.
Monitoring Amazon reviews, responding to all negative reviews.
Fulfilling and confirming orders across multiple sales channels, including Amazon, our Shopify website, Walmart and other vendors.
Recording all tech support cases, returns and exchanges on our running case log.
Compiling information on inquiries and returns to spot trends and gain customer insight.
Monitoring Facebook posts, replying to Facebook messages.
Montioring the website, making changes and adding products when needed.
- An interest in audio is important. If you bought your last set of headphones as a fashion accessory, this probably isn’t a great fit. If you consider yourself an audiophile, that’s a huge plus.
- Hardware experience is not required, but an interest in learning is. One of the benefits of working here is gaining exposure to all sides of a consumer product company.
- Steadfastly dependable, creative, skilled at problem-solving; a fan of critical thinking and able to work productively with minimal supervision.
- This position requires someone who is an effective communicator, is highly organized and detail-oriented.
- You must like people. Much of your day will involve being nice to them.
- Bonus points for previous experience with Amazon Seller Central, specifically fulfillment, but not a requirement.
- Do you have design, photography or programming skills to add to the mix? Even better.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual; there is unlimited growth potential and the chance to create your own position in a rapidly-growing company. (And the chance to make fun of Joe Born’s Fedora on a daily basis.)
Compensation and benefits:
This is a full-time commitment. We’re open to individuals with everything from entry-level to 10+ years experience. Compensation commensurate with experience, qualifications and role.
- This position allows you to work remotely.
- While there are cutoff times for certain tasks, the hours are largely flexible.
- Employee and Friends + Family discounts offered on product purchases.
Please send your resume and a brief statement about what makes you right for this position to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.